Monday, February 6, 2012

Yeah right Diaz!

For those of you who don't know, this past Saturday night Nick Diaz lost to Carlos Condit for the interim Welterweight championship at UFC 143.
Here's the video:




My first reaction to this was "what a baby!". I mean to loose a fight, that personally I thought he only won 1 round, and then retire because he didn't like loosing is just stupid. I maintain that still. My thought process hasn't really changed, but that's not my main point in posting today.

I was thinking about it more yesterday and I realized that with Brock Lesnar, Mirko Cro Cop, Chris Lytle and, Randy Couture all retiring and with GSP out with injury there is a small void for starts in UFC right now. Chael Sonnen has been taking advantage of that by being very vocal and kind of playing a heel type role (to relate it to wrestling). On the other hand Anderson Silva hasn't been around for some time due to injury and he has never been a big personality. Josh Koscheck has not been a very vocal guy ever since loosing to GSP but I feel he's been a bit of a fan favorite because he's a hard working guy who just keeps taking fight after fight.
What UFC is sorely missing is a personality like the one Diaz has recently become, a guy who can be a little cocky, provoke people, but back it up and not be a complete jerk like Sonnen likes to be.

Retiring now is just that much more stupid for Diaz as his time was/is now, he could have made even more of that crazy money he referred to and could have become one of the big names that the UFC featured.

Stupid move Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment