Friday, December 28, 2012

WWE '13

I'm sitting here enjoying WWE '13's attitude era mode. The mode is this year's "career mode" as opposed to the Road To Wrestlemania mode that has appeared in the past few games.
I gotta tell you, this game is ruling my life right now.
All the memories of the Austin/McMahon feud, the sudden but meteoric rise in popularity of the rock, the Monday night wars, the 3 stages of Foley, the brothers of destruction, ect, ect, ect.
It was, without a shadow of a doubt, a very entertaining time in wrestling. A time when it was cool to watch the WWF and WCW. A time when Tuesday morning in Canada meant you stayed up as late as you could watching both Nitro and Raw just so you could be in the conversation on Tuesday.
Reliving this era in professional wrestling at a time when I'm having a hard time enjoying the product both TNA and WWE put out really fires the passion back up and makes you feel like you want to be a wrestler again. These years, the attitude era, is where it all started for me. It's why I have a singlet, knee pads and, boots collecting dust in my closet. It's why I was driven to spend hundreds, no thousands of dollars chasing a dream.
Pop culture was just littered with wrestling between 1995 and 2000. WCW and WWE went for it and in the end, WWE won. Boundaries were pushed, hardcore wrestling was born, story-lines took the center stage and, if only for a while wrestling was loved by almost everyone.

I'm really enjoying reliving these moments from such an important part of my life. If you loved wrestling when WCW and WWF were battling it out then you really should pick this game up.

Back to the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment